Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Today is the day that I draw the fine line between friends and those who pretend to be...


So today I had to go out and sweep out all of our sheds and the surrounding area. Fun fun fun. Wow every time I try to type fun I get to fuc then backspace to do the end I think this says that I type fuck way to often. Oh well, but anyways I was out in the sheds doing my thing and I swept up an old used condom. While being totally fucking grossed out I mused who would be so horny and senseless to fuck in a she at the local Home Depot but be so thoughtful as to use a condom? I really don’t understand the thinking behine this one how can one be so stupid and smart all in one shot?

I also have a gripe about the place that I work...what a shocker! So I work in the lot under the department number 96 but 96 is a sub department of 90 which is the front end. Now whenever I get the chance to I go and help out in other departments because during out indoctrination that we all have to go to we are told that the Home Depot crew is a "family" and we all help each other out blah, blah, blah. Well, when I go to help other departments I get nothing but shit from my department bosses whom shall remain nameless for the time being. So I can’t go help other departments yet when the front end needs a back up cashier or they need help with collecting carts or they need help loading a customer out front when I’m out or out to lunch or what-have-you the other department associates are supposed to jump and get right on it. And it’s all done under the impression from Big Brother that we need excellent customer service because we are the last people that the customer sees on their way out and if they are happy when they leave they will come back. Yet, riddle me this. If there isn’t enough people in the department and they need to team lift an object or they have an excess of customers and I volunteer my help and am not allowed to assist customers will the customer not then proceed to walk out and shop elsewhere and not even go through the front end. I do understand that we need to have carts for the customers but I don’t understand why I have to be out there every goddamned second of my shift when I can be used sensibly in other parts of the store.

I do have a solution that will never ever be used by the Home Depot corporation because I am in fact a lowly peon in their kingdom of associates. I think that they should have an expiditer type of associate position. An associate who clocks in under whatever department is short on hours for the week or what not and they could then bounce around from department to department wherever there is excess customers or they can cover a lunch when there is no one in the department. Well, this blog has turned serious hasn’t it. Well too fucking bad it was something I had been wanting to get off my chest.

Currently listening to: Under Falling Skies check them out they are from Springfield and totally fucking bad ass www.myspace.com/underfallingskies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.