Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Things I thought about on 8/14

So I'm thinking of doing these little things every day that I work and I see something that irritates me, makes me chuckle, angers me, or just gets me to thinking whatever...but I have the next two days off so I won't be doing one of these until Friday or later but on to tonights...

So first of all today while wandering around aimlessly before I got to leave the premises for a while I overheard a younger child probably of 8 or 9 years old cursing in plain old speech as if it were okay. Not as in using "fuck" or "shit" but the words that are P.C. for television such as "ass", "bitch", and "piss". Now this kid wasn't utilizing all of these words but I have heard multiple children out in the parking lot cussing. Since when was it ok to let your kid use such language. I know that when I was a kid "hell" would get me a smack in the back of the head. I still try not to cuss in front of my family it's just disrespectful. Maybe I'm just "old-fashioned" but I think that I'm right in believing that these parents should be utilizing the old soap in the mouth technique.

Another gripe that I have today (yes two things!) is this older woman who has been coming in for the last 5 days and buying 8 bags of mulch each time that comes out to 40 bags of mulch that she has at home and I AM curious as to what she needs that mulch for but the real problem is that she comes in and I've loaded her each time and each time she wants it loaded her way. Not that I do this job every goddamn day of the week but she wants some stacked "horizontally" and some "vertically" her words. and one on the floor. And she also wants no "muck" on her car seat, yet she wants to come in and purchase large bags of mulch? I don't understand her thinking on this. Get a fucking friend with a truck goddamn it!

Yet, she is not the only customer who feels that they should tell me how to be doing my job. I don't understand why purchasing lumber makes you an expert at putting it into the back of the pickup truck when you can't even fuckin' lift it because you are a frail 75 year old fuckin' woman. "Lift with your legs", "Hold it close to your body" and "Don't hurt your back" are all muttered to me all day. Like I don't already know these things. I wasn't born yesterday you old fuckin' bag! And, as to hurting my back, wasn't planning on it, I don't think that most people who DO hurt their backs plan on hurting them, it's just something that happens. And as to old men whom are 80 and still come in and purchase twenty 80 Lbs. bags of cement and make me put it on a cart and then put it in your 30 year old truck then joke with me that you don't know how you're going to get it out of your truck don't fuckin' buy it! Hire someone to do it for you because I WILL NOT take pity on you and come to your home and carry it into your backyard. It just won't ever happen...WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE!

I also found out today that getting to leave work to pick up a fridge from an old lady's house is fun because you don't have to deal with these fuckin' asshole customers and fucking retarded management. These are some of the things that I think of while at work...

No comments: